Sunday, October 27, 2013

Vital Organizing

October 26, 2013 9:27pm

I'm taking a quiet evening at home to myself.  I spent last night at Vince's and most of the day Saturday.  Last night we went out for a few drinks, got some late night/early morning Denny's before coming home.  Maggie's been away all weekend for swing and I'd only messaged her around 8:30 tonight.  I'm feeling the need to withdraw and recenter myself.

This week was a bit of a whirlwind.  Monday was spent going back and forth texting Maggie.  I lost a good portion of the day from an upset stomach.  Tuesday was a little nerve-wracking getting ready for our big first date.  The night was wonderful.  Wednesday I took a personal day, but I think she was a little disappointed I didn't make it to swing with her. 

On Thursday Vince & I did superhero night again before I headed off to Maggie's to help her prepare for her trip.  I ended up heading home in the middle of the night before Friday.

October 27, 2013 12:56pm

This was the week of Julianna Hough's black face faux pas, comedienne Marcia Wallace's & Velvet Underground frontman Lou Reed's passings.  This week I was into Katsuya Terada's Monkey King.  Zac Gorman announced a vague new direction for his comics.  The Kansas City Chiefs went undefeated.  I drew Squall Leonheart and Muffin Man Prime.  Julie released a beautiful print called Sister.  Jessi did this kouhai/sempai self meme. I discovered Megan Nicole Dong aka Sketchshark.  Kate Beaton put me up on John Martz's 31 skullamugs.  I missed Draw Friends during my date on Thursday but you can watch it here.  This was the week that Karla took off from twitter and in her absence everybody wrote fanfic about her.  And then we all dreamed up a Little Mermaid themed costume party where she was our Ursula. 

RIDER GHIBLI Published on Oct 22, 2013

A pencil test from the new Ghibli movie Princess Kaguya.  I read Jen Sorensen's Stealth Attack on Pro-Choice comic for the ACLU.  Weapon Smith began a Richard Scarry fan art tumblr.
Spotlight on Super Mutant Magic Academy on Autostraddle.

  The Ladies of Literature Zine is out!

No comments: