Sunday, October 20, 2013

Octobromance


 FatBeatsRecords Published on Oct 6, 2013

October 15, 2013 Tues

On a whim I purchase Sam Alden's Household after reading a tweet from Dustin Harbin.  I find the online tumblr post and read it ahead of delivery.  It's poignant, heart-breaking, intense.  I feel like I need something to cheer me up afterward, but I'm very grateful for its existence.

Yesterday Steve Niles tweeted about his house getting flooded so today people gathered to help with his expenses. 

People were still tweeting non-stop about Pokemon X/Y.  Brian Wood & Becky Cloonan's Demo came out 10 years ago!  Becky's NYCC recap got around, and some people were talking about the levels of harassment women at the show were experiencing.  It was Ada Lovelace Day and my pal Jenny went to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View and took some choice photos.  Today Frederator announced a Bee & Puppycat kickstarter and everybody went crazy!

I didn't accomplish much because shortly after lunch I fell asleep until just before dusk.  I took a ride around and ran errands, and the evening air was nice.  I made fish, rice, & steamed vegetables and had some PBR micheladas.

October 16, 2013 Wed

It's 12:30 and I've been fumbling again.  The nice thing is I glanced at some tutorials after looking around at Jessie Estrada's dA.  I found her abandoned webcomic Demonspawn.  I think I'm gonna cut my hair today and buy some pants.  Maybe a powerball ticket.  Retirement still hasn't come in.  I read Batman Earth 1 in it's entirety.  It was okay.  I still like Gary Frank even though he draws women like ornaments.  Bluh.

Got reintroduced to Rachel Deering and Anathema.  Hung around the house until about 2pm then rode around eventually to Starbucks.  Bought jeans, gave myself a haircut.  At Starbucks worked on Eurydice and at some point remembered Madame Blavatsky.  Listened to The Mysterious Universe podcast ep 821 and looked through twitter archive.

Bravest Warriors season 2 countdown began today.  I think the gov't shutdown ended.

October 17, 2013 Thurs

I got up around 10:30 this day.  Read about Onyx & Slam.  Learned about Edmund Dulac from Jess Fink.  I started my bboy mix and compiled a bunch of research for The Survivalist.  And then I took off to go hang out with Vince, but he and Daniel found me first as I careened past the cafe.  We holed up there for hours drinking Ancient Organic tea talking comics and what-not.  Then Daniel took off as it got dark.  He and Ian were chatting on FB as Vince and I got into a more personal conversation, and then Ian came and met us.  We walked down and had a couple of good beers, then tried to go find a pizza place, but ended up going to Denny's. 

On Friday (Oct 18) I must have slept in until about noon.  I got into the newest story in House of Orr: Petals around the Rose.  Jessi posted a link to Emily Broso's fantastic sketchdump.  I had a great healthy lunch that afternoon and doinked around with Newt & Jenny.  Later on I started writing a post-apocalyptic short called No Women.  My free copic came in the mail that day. I spent a good amount of time going back & forth with Ian on picking out a race & class type for my D&D character.  I eventually ended up going with a Svirfneblin Alchemist, though I considered a Vanara Rogue, and also a really neat Warforged based on Rom the Spaceknight, Alphonse Elric, North No. 2, and the Guyver.  I actually wanted to do a guyver piece for the Vinces.  I did start a Rom the Spaceknight illo, though.  We actually didn't even get into D&D Friday night on account of all the Angry Ball drinking.  On Saturday  (Oct 19) we eventually rolled out to this cosplay thing in the park.  Vince & Daniel & I put ourselves out there and had a lot of the fun while the others kind of faded to the background.  I tore it up in comic book trivia.  Went back to Ian's for recoop & drinking and then went to a birthday party in the evening where I met somebody.  That was unexpected.  Wow. Most of Sunday was spent talking with twitter family about nerd budding romance.

No comments: