Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15, 2013

Halfway through the month, this is the first SAN I've written since I was fired from the job that dominated my life for the last 3.3 years.  Everything from here on is a new path.  I kind of like it.

I've been trying to find a lead in to returning to my beloved SAN, but nothing came out right.  Meanwhile war with Syria loomed in the nation, Ariel Castro committed suicide, the New Delhi rape-murderers were sentenced to death.  So many things happened over the summer.  I went camping for the first time, got a new backpack and a new bike (which had been an unexpected gift).  Korra returned this weekend, SPX, Mayweather v. Canelo, the Iphone 5.  The summer of 2013 was a tumultuous one.  In Russia members of the LGBT community were assaulted by religious zealots, Pope Francis seemingly preached sermons in contradiction to the Catholic Church, Obama & Putin made uneasy concessions to one another.  I read Mark Waid's Daredevil, Gail Simone's Wonder Woman, Berserk, Gunnerkrigg Court.  I finally saw Pacific Rim, took myself to The World's End & backtracked to Hot Fuzz. 

No comments: